As with our keyboards , our computer mice can get pretty cruddy, pretty fast. Keep your wireless mouse in optimal operating shape by regularly cleaning it with just a few simple steps.
Time Required: 5 to 10 minutes
- If the mouse has an on/off switch, switch it off.
- Using a spray can of condensed air, spray in between the scroll wheel and the click buttons if there is a gap there. Do not blow air directly on one spot for very long or condensation can form.
- Take a damp cleaning wipe and wipe the body of the mouse. Be sure to scrub at any stubborn marks and stains on the mouse’s bottom surface pads.
- Lightly dampen a cotton swap with cleaning solution. Use the swab to gently brush out any dust around the laser or LED. Do not wipe the laser or LED directly with the swab.
- Using a dry cotton swab, wipe the area around the laser or LED. Again, avoid touching the laser or LED.
- Allow the mouse to fully dry before using it.
What You Need
- can of condensed air
- cotton swabs
- cleaning solution
- cleaning wipes